Add Story to Favourites On The Edge of Hope by Sivan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

Missed me? I'm back...

Title: On The Edge of Hope 7

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.com

Beta: Niroveka

Rate:PG-13

Warning: Character death, violence, angst, guilt. Oh… and blood. Tissues alert.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them. Only the OC’s.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Summary: Estel being poisoned by arrow that was meant to Legolas. Is there any hope for Estel to live?

Note: The twins in this story are older, but only in this story.

Estel is 6 years old, while Legolas is 8 years old, and only an elfling in the eyes of the other elves.

7.

“Erestor, hurry, please…”

Elrond looked over at Elladan.

“Oh no, he came sooner then I thought,” Elladan said, and for a minute he felt pity for Erestor, who might have been drugged by Estel.

Elrond looked to Legolas’ wound, and hoped that the herbs would stop the bleeding; he covered the wound, not wanting Estel to get sick from seeing the bloody sight.

Elrond bandaged Legolas’ wound and covered his body with the silky white blanket, and tucked the princeling in, wishing that he would be healed soon.

“Erestor…” Estel called, though Elrond grinned at his call; he knew by his son’s voice that he was excited to meet Legolas, so much so that he annoyed Poor Erestor.

“Be ready, my son…” Elrond said to Elladan, who for a minute closed his eyes, enjoying the sound of the silence...it was bittersweet to him.

“The evil is back…” Elladan smiled as he grinned at his ada, waiting calm and patient for the unexpected intruder that would soon appear.

Elladan tapped his legs, as he waited for his brother appearance, though it didn’t take any longer than he thought.

Soon, Estel came; his eyes ignored his family when he saw his friend laying under the blankets...his eyes closed. He hurried over to his side calling, “Legolas? It is I, Estel! Please open your eyes…”

No movement came from the princeling; Estel began to question his father of what had happened to his friend, feeling that was something was amiss, for Legolas was there in his house, but without his father.

“What happen to Legolas? And where is the King?” Estel burst with the questions.

Estel stared at his father as he waited for the answers; when they did not come, he tapped his foot against the floor, knowing his act would unnerve his ada.

“Estel, stop it!” Elrond command, and walked to his son, kneeling by his side. “Legolas was hurt badly...and about the King...his guard is here, so seek him for your answers, alright?”

Estel nodded, and swallowed. He did not like the way his father was speaking to him, not this tone. Now he knew how angry his father was; he must be concerned for Legolas’ health, and yet Estel had to burst and ask the questions that his father might not have all the answers to.

“Forgive me, ada,” Estel said suddenly, and lowered his head.

“Do not be, it is I who should be sorry. Forgive me, ion-nin.” Elrond hugged his son and kissed him on the cheek.

Elladan looked over at them and smiled. He suddenly heard a strange noise came from Legolas’ bed, and turned to see; Legolas twitchingly moved from side from side.

“Ada!” he called in fear as he rushed to the princeling’s side.

Elrond rushed over to the bed as he heard the frightened voice of his son.

“Erestor, take Estel out of the room, now!” Elrond command the advisor, without turning his head, all his attention on the princeling.

Estel glanced in fear at his friend that still twitched violently; his eyes set on him with growing fear.

‘Stay alive for me, mellon-nin. I have a lot to speak of with you… please do not die…’ Estel prayed, and hoped that his friend would see the daylight again.

End of Chapter 7.