Add Story to Favourites On The Edge of Hope by Sivan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Title: On The Edge of Hope 6

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.com

Beta:Manon

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Character death, violence, angst, guilt. Oh… and blood. Tissues alert.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them. Only the OC’s.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Summary: Estel was poisoned by an arrow that was meant for Legolas. Will Estel survive?

Note: The twins in this story are older, but only in this story.

Estel is 6 years old, while Legolas is 8 years old, and only an elfling in the eyes of the other elves.

6.

Elladan sighed heavily. “His soul his barely there, father. I could hardly feel it. He is dying, father.”

“I will not let this happen, my son,” Elrond said, though it was then when he noticed that Estel was not there.

“Where is Estel? Does he not know what happened to Legolas?” Elrond asked.

“No, I… we left him with Erestor to have his lessons, though it was before Silinde had arrived,” Elladan explained.

“I am certain that he will find out sooner or later, and will annoy Erestor to come over with him.” Elrond grinned softly.

Elladan smiled a little despite the situation.

“Should I bring your herbs, father?” Elladan asked, knowing that every second was precious.

“Why are you asking? As you know, my son, a healer needs his herbs to heal,” Elrond answered softly.

Elladan smiled, then he gave his adar the herbs.

Elladan watched in pride as his father did his work, and how he was trying not to hurt the elfling any more than necessary.

Elrond noticed that his son was only standing and watching him. After placing the herbs on the deep wound, he turned his head and smiled at Elladan.

“Instead of standing like a statue, do something useful and boil the water, because I fear that he might have a fever…”

Elladan grinned but did not say anything, and did what his father asked.

“Fever?” Elladan asked after he had finished.

“Remember that orcs put poison on their weapons. They will try and kill whoever is in their way… and I fear the worst. I fear that, because Legolas is only an elfling, he may not be able to fight the poison. He will need us and Estel to help him,” Elrond answered.

Elladan could hear the nervousness in his father’s voice, and he was concerned that his father feared for Thranduil’s son.

End of Chapter 6.