Add Story to Favourites On The Edge of Hope by Sivan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Title: On The Edge of Hope 5

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.com

Beta: Manon

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Character death, violence, angst, guilt. Oh… and blood. Tissues alert.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them. Only the OC’s.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Summary: Estel was poisoned by an arrow that was meant for Legolas. Will Estel survive?

Note: The twins in this story are older, but only in this story.

Estel is 6 years old, while Legolas is 8 years old, and only an elfling in the eyes of the other elves.

5.

Imladris, a few days later…

Silinde rode as fast as he could without stopping, as he knew Legolas’ life was more important than anything else.

He galloped hard and fast, passing by Elrond’s sons and an entire group of Imladris warriors unnoticed.

“My lord? My lord?” Silinde called, his eyes searching for Elrond in panic.

By then he had stopped his horse, while Elladan and Elrohir came towards him to see what it was all about.

“Silinde?” Elrohir called. He was surprised to see the guard without his king, and wondered why he was alone.

“Where is your father?” Silinde called and dismounted carefully from the horse with Legolas in his arms.

“What do you hold in your arms?” Elladan asked in curiosity.

“It is Legolas, Master Elladan; he was hurt badly and the king fears for his life, as I do,” Silinde explained and begged, “Please, tell me where your father is; the prince is dying, please…”

Elladan looked at the prince and noticed the pale face underneath the golden hair that was saturated with dried blood. He could see that the elfling was hurt, almost close to death.

“Elrohir, find father and bring him to the healer’s room, quickly, before the prince dies,” Elladan said and led the guard to the healing room.

He opened the door and said to Silinde, “Here… lay him down, my father should come soon… you may now eat and rest…”

Silinde cut him off as he remembered his king’s last words to him and said, “I cannot; I gave my word to my king that I would make sure that his son would be healed completely.”

“Silinde, I understand, but you need to eat and get some rest. Trust me, trust us, trust my father, as he will not rest until he has cured Legolas,” Elladan said softly.

Elrond was there in the doorway, staring at his son and the guard. There was a small smile on his face, as he had heard what his son said, and was proud of him.

“Silinde!” Elrond called and added, “Please take my son’s advice, and you may return to this room after you have eaten and rested.”

Silinde looked at both father and son and said, “You are right, both of you. I did not look after my own needs because of my concern for Legolas. I will do as you ask, my lord. Please show me the way to my room.”

Elrond looked at Elrohir, who had followed his father to the healing room, and nodded to him.

“Come, my friend, I will show you the way. Come…” Elrohir said and led Silinde from the room.

After they had gone, Elrond hurried over to the bed, asking Elladan, “How is he?”

End of Chapter 5.

R/R