Add Story to Favourites On The Edge of Hope by Sivan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Title: On The Edge of Hope 4

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.co.il

Beta:Manon

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Character death, violence, angst, guilt. Oh… and blood.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them. Only the OC’s.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Summary: Estel being poisoned by arrow that was meant to Legolas. Is there any hope for Estel to live?

Note: The twins in this story are older, but only in this story.

Estel is 6 years old, while Legolas is 8 years old, and only an elfling in the eyes of the other elves.

4.

After all the orcs were slaughtered, Thranduil sank onto the red grass, looking at his son and wife with despair in his eyes.

Thranduil moved his hand and touched his wife; she was pale and cold as a statue. She was dead.

“No…” Thranduil whispered sadly, realizing that he had been too late to save her. Her soul had already left her body.

Galdor saw his lord swaying and hurried forward to support his lord before he collapsed.

“My lord?” he called softly.

“I am…” but Thranduil could not find it in himself to finish the sentence. The heartache hurt too much.

“No, my lord, you are not fine,” Galdor said as he noticed his lord’s face growing paler. “Be strong for your son, he is going to need you more than ever,” he added.

Thranduil released the tears he had been holding, and he cried for the loss of his wife. After a few minutes he took a deep breath before moving his eyes towards his son.

He moved his hand softly over his son’s golden hair that was saturated with blood, and whispered in his ears, “I love you; please… stay with me…”

He watched his son’s face, noticing the frightened look that appeared on it. His heart ached to see it.

He lifted his head up towards the sky and he prayed, wishing that this had not happened. His heart was full of grief, and he wondered why it should have been like this; why was he being punished so hard?

The sky grew darker, but there was still the odd white cloud to be seen, and it gave him a little hope.

Galdor turned to his lord in fear. “My lord?”

Thranduil looked at him, swallowed and said in sad voice as he commanded, “Take my son to Imladris; I want Elrond to take care of him. And make sure that he does!”

“My lord?” Galdor looked at Thranduil, knowing how painful this would be for him.

“Go!” Thranduil ordered, as new tears rolled down his cheeks.

Galdor lifted Legolas’ limp body and the guards helped him to put Legolas on his horse.

“Let me know!” Thranduil said before Galdor galloped from his sight.

“I will do it, my lord.”

Thranduil watched with a heavy heart as his loyal guard vanished with his son. In his heart he hoped that he had made the right decision.

‘Please Valar,’ Thranduil raised his head once more to the sky. ‘Bring my son back to me, as he is now all I have…’

End of Chapter 4.

R/R