Add Story to Favourites On The Edge of Hope by Sivan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Have you missed me?

Title: On The Edge of Hope 3

Author: Sivan Shemesh sivan325@walla.co.il

Beta: Manon

Rating: PG-13 Warning: Character death, violence, angst, guilt. Oh… and blood.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them. Only the OC’s.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Summary: Estel was poisoned by an arrow that was meant for Legolas. Is there any hope that Estel will live?

Note: The twins in this story are older, but only in this story. Estel is 6 years old while Legolas is 12 years old, only an elfling in the eyes of the other elves.

3.

He reached out his hand to her.

He heard his name being called; it seemed to him it was coming from far away.

“Naneth!” he called. He could see his nana’s face glowing in the darkness before it covered her.

He missed his naneth, but he could not forget the sight of her covered with blood as the evil creatures stabbed her.

He wanted to cry, but he did not see anyone familiar to him, though there was a strange face looking at him. It looked almost like his father.

“Father?” Legolas called, as he was surprised to see him there.

“Go to your father, ion-nin…” He heard his mother’s words.

“No… I want to stay with you…” he cried.

“No… my son, you have to go to your father. He needs you, and you need him…” she said to him.

Legolas could feel his nana’s hand stroking his cheek. “Go!” he heard her say.

Legolas let his eyes close. He felt tired.

“Nana… I am tired…”

“No… my son… wake up!” She tried not to let him close his eyes; she knew that his time had not yet come.

“Wake up… Legolas… Legolas…”


 

King Thranduil drew his sword, ready to attack.

The horses rode fast… fast towards the orcs that had surrounded his family.

As Thranduil and the other elves came closer the orcs growled. The king had fallen into their trap; that is what they had been waiting for…

The orcs stepped towards the elves. Blood lust was in their eyes; knives, hammers and swords were in their hands.

Thranduil could see his wife; her body was covered with blood. She was very pale, and she appeared not to be moving.

‘No…’ Thranduil cried. His soul cried, and his heart was close to breaking.

He saw that his son’s body was covered with blood too. “No…” he moaned.

Thranduil rode on, not realising that he was riding into a trap. All he knew was that he needed to save the life of his wife and son; to him it was more important than the lives of those who rode with him.

“No… my lord…” Galdor called and added, “It is a trap, your highness; you are leading us into a trap…”

“Trap…” Thranduil stuttered, and looked horrified at Galdor.


 

The orcs smiled. They saw how the king was moving into their trap.

“Soon… soon… Mirkwood will be no more…”


 

Thranduil could feel how the warm tears left his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. Anger was building inside of him; he was determined to slaughter the orcs for what they did to his family.

“Daro!” Thranduil called.

Thranduil’s group stopped, waiting for their king.

Thranduil rode back and forth in front of them, his face falling. His family was dead, dead because of the orcs.

“For Mirkwood we fight! For my dead wife… and for my son!” Thranduil could not say much more; his heart was heavy because he had lost his wife and son.

“Raised your swords, and kill them all! For Mirkwood is not falling, as I will not let my realm fall! Fight!”

Thranduil’s patrol knew the pain that the king was suffering. They could all see his wife and his son, lying so still on the grass.

They rode fast and hard at the orcs, their swords and bows ready to kill the orcs.

“Do not let them run away… kill them all!” Thranduil ordered, his sword aimed at the orc that was standing near his wife.

There was a glimmer of hope was in the king’s eyes. “Be alive for me…” he whispered.

End of Chapter 3.

R/R


 

Poor Thranduil...

'Where is hope when you need it?' Lol...