Add Story to Favourites On The Edge of Hope by Sivan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

 

Are you ready for more? Well, come on roll down, and start reading...

Title: On the Edge of Hope 2?

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta: Manon

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Character death, violence, angst, guilt. Oh… and blood.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them. Only the OC’s.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Summary: Estel was poisoned by an arrow that was meant to Legolas. Is there any hope for Estel?

Note: The twins in this story are older, but only in this story. Estel is 6 years old, while Legolas is12 years old, and only an elfling compared to the other elves.

2

Legolas curled up into a ball. He was frightened as he watched the orcs coming closer and closer, covered in his nana’s blood.

"Naneth… help me…" Legolas sobbed.


Córmarũil, the messenger, rode into the forest, taking several guards with him.

He hoped that nothing had happened to Thranduil's wife and son.

The forest was covered with shadow. Córmarũil knew there was something wrong, as the forest was silent, and no birds were singing.


Minutes passed by, and yet Thranduil felt a pain. It was a sharp, agonizing pain, and he decided to follow his guards.

Thranduil started to ride faster as a wave of fear engulfed him. He was afraid that something had happened to his family. He did not want to lose his wife and only son.

He soon reached his guards. He saw that Córmarũil was with them and approached him.

“Go to the healing room, now!” Thranduil ordered, and added, “Alert the army and tell them to get here as quickly as possible. I will take over from here.”

Córmarũil nodded and left to carry out his king’s orders.


Prince Legolas did not dare raise his eyes to the filthy creatures that were coming nearer to him. Their smell was awful, and he felt sick.

“There is no one here to defend you…” one of them growled.

“Look at your mother… she is dead, and you will soon join her…but first we will have some fun…” another orc teased the little prince.

By now the orcs had surrounded the prince. Legolas wished his father could come and save him from these disgusting creatures. They began to cut him with their weapons, making him bleed, but not enough to kill him. There were smiles on their ugly faces as the little elfling cried. They laughed as they watched him try and curl up closer to his dead mother.

“She can’t protect you anymore…no one can save you…” one of them said, before he stabbed the elfling.

Legolas screamed as he felt the terrible pain. He could feel something trickling down and knew it was his own blood.

“Yes, elfling, scream…” the orc said. He smiled; he loved seeing the fear in the prince’s eyes.

“He will die soon…” Legolas heard another one say. He blinked once more, and then closed his eyes.

“Soon, this one will be dead and the king will no longer have an heir. Then the kingdom will be ours… as Saruman said…”

Legolas did not hear what was being said. The only thing he could hear was the Valar singing for him as the darkness started to engulf him. Then he could see a hand reaching out for him; the hand was surrounded by light.

He heard his nana calling to him, to go with her.

End of Chapter 2.

R/R


Cliffy on the edge...