Add Story to Favourites On The Edge of Hope by Sivan
[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Are you ready for more angst?

Title: On The Edge of Hope 1?

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta: Manon & Space Weavil

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Character death, violence, angst, guilt. Oh… and blood.

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Tolkien. I just borrowed them. Only the OC’s are mine.

Spoiler: Total AU.

Summary: Estel was poisoned by an arrow that was meant to Legolas. Is there any hope for Estel?

Note: The twins in this story are older, but only in this story. Estel is 6 years old, while Legolas is12 years old, and only an elfling compared to the other elves.

1.

Within the forest…

Süitruîn walked after her son, smiling at the sight of her curious son.

"Legolas…" she called to him.

Legolas felt the need to run, and he laughed as he was happy, knowing that his parents loved him. He loved them as much as he cared for the trees.

"Do not go further…" she called to him.

But her words were lost as the little elfling started to run, giggling, into the forest, the leaves from the trees falling around him.

"Legolas, my dear child, come to me," she called again.

Süitruîn felt her heart pounding quickly, fearful of losing her child. She could feel there was something wrong, but had no idea what.

Legolas kept running and nothing seemed to disturb him, not even when a strange noise sounded where his mother was.

Crack!

Broken branches appeared on the ground.

Süitruîn looked up into the branches and saw a strange shape in the middle.

She looked wildly around her, her heart filled with fear. A shadow seemed to cover the forest.

"Legolas!" she called, her voice trembling, but Legolas was nowhere in sight.

"Legolas!" she called again, tears now streaming down her face.

The forest was silent. The trees and birds had stopped singing, and the silence frightened her. Now she knew that there was definitely something wrong.

"Leg…" she started to call, but her voice trailed off as her son appeared before her, rubbing his chin and with a smile on his face, as if nothing had happened. Süitruîn knelt next to her son and hugged him tightly.

"Nana, what is wrong?" Legolas asked, seeing her tears.

"We must return to the palace, my son, for I fear something is going to happen…" she said.

"What?" Legolas asked.

Before Süitruîn could answer him, they were surrounded by a group of orcs. It caught them both completely by surprise.

"Legolas, stay close to me, my son…" She tried to comfort him.

Legolas held his nana’s hands tightly, fearful of the ugly creatures that only had death in their eyes.

"Naneth…" Legolas cried in fear.

Süitruîn shielded her son with her body and closed her eyes, wishing at least that her son would live longer than she did.

She could feel the hot steel stabbing her everywhere; she could feel her blood leaving her body. She fell to the ground, trying to the last to protect her son.

The orcs moved over her body and grabbed the elfling.

Legolas felt a liquid; it was blood and it was warm. He looked and saw his nana, lying there on the ground, blood everywhere, and those ugly creatures coming closer and closer to him.

Legolas trembled with fear.

"Nana?" he asked. But no answer came.

"No one will go to save you now… princeling…" the orcs spat at him, and laughed aloud.

End of Chapter 1.

R/R


 

So... Poor Legolas... I guess I will stay around as you need me alive, and unspoiled...