Add Story to Favourites Playing Cat and Mouse by Sivan
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Title: Playing Cat and Mouse

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta: Aranel

Rate: G/K

Disclaimer: Not mine, but the plots.

Warning: Angst/humor, friendship, pranks, AU. Might OOC.

Summary: Gimli and Legolas friendship. Drabbles, ficlets inspired by bunnies or prompts.

A/N: Written for 'The Tolkien Tango'.

Prompt #35: Voices

While Legolas' body was healing, King Thranduil's voice broke the silence.

"Considering what happened to my son, are we still going to surprise him?" Thranduil asked in concern, his hand rubbing Legolas' golden hair.

"It is up to you, King Thranduil," Aragorn motioned, though he did hope the surprise would happen, and then he added, asking, "Do you not wish to surprise your son?"

Thranduil smiled at him. He definitely knew when his son got his sense of humor and fun from, and replied, "Point taken, though I do not know if it will come to pass."

"My thoughts exactly." Gimli told the king, his eyes remaining locked upon the still form of his friend.

"What's the first thing that we are going to do?" Thranduil asked, trying to get started organizing the birthday party for his son.

"Making sure that Uncle Legolas is not around." Eldarion replied first.

"To see that he does not know our plan, of course." Aragorn added to his son's words.

Thranduil nodded, and then he stared at the dwarf who had yet to say anything.

"And could you refine your role in this part, Master Dwarf?" Thranduil asked him.

"My role is to… be…" Gimli started, but stopped abruptly.

"What is it, Gimli?" Aragorn asked his friend, concerned.

"I thought I saw him moving his head, listening to us…" Gimli replied, staring at Legolas.

"You are starting to get paranoid, Master Dwarf. I believe he is still hurt, and under the fog of darkness, pain and healing." Thranduil told Gimli with a grin, though his heart ached for his son.

"Are you certain of that? You are no healer, King Thranduil." Gimli almost smirked at the king.

"Why do not let me check it out? I am certainly more of a healer than either of you." Aragorn smiled at them.

"Go ahead." Thranduil motioned to the man, while still running his fingers in his child's hair.

Eldarion pushed his head closer, wanting to see how his daddy took care of his uncle.

"He will be all right, Eldarion," Thranduil said to the boy, and then he continued, "Your father is a great healer and a friend."

"I know," Eldarion turned and faced the king, and then he added with tears in his eyes, "I just want to thank Uncle Legolas for saving my life from those ugly creatures…"

"He loves you," Thranduil told the boy, moving a finger to wipe the tears from his cheeks, and added with a smile, "My son will do anything for those he loves."

Arwen, listening beside them nodded, her eyes moist. "The best thing we can do for him is to make our plan work," she said.

TBC...