Add Story to Favourites Playing Cat and Mouse by Sivan
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Beta: Aranel

A/N: Written for 'The Tolkien Tango'.

Prompt #01: Song

Legolas heard a strange sound. He frowned, hurriedly left the garden and entered the palace searching for the source of the disturbance.

"Gimli? What do you think you are doing?" Legolas asked, hiding the grin on his face as he stared at the now-blushing dwarf.

"Nothing," Gimli tried to shrugged off the issue.

"This is not nothing," Legolas muttered and continued more audibly, "I left the gardens to find out what’s causing this noise, and you know what I found?" Legolas paused, then pointed toward the dwarf, "You!"

"I wasn’t doing anything, lad."

"Unless while trying to hit the right notes, your singing hit the wrong nerves and they happen to be mine..." Legolas growled, shuddering as he left the room.

Gimli paused for a moment. "Maybe I should change my tone, and sing with more passion," he thought aloud.

"Maybe you should." Thranduil said as he entered the room.

"I will," Gimli smiled gratefully, and then he added, "Have you sent the invitations?"

Thranduil nodded. “I see you are putting great effort into the songs,” he said genuinely. “You’re doing well.”

Somewhere down the hallway, Legolas gave a long sigh.

End of this prompt. But not the ficlet for it...