Add Story to Favourites Playing Cat and Mouse by Sivan
[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

Title: Playing Cat and Mouse

Author: Sivan Shemesh

Beta: Aranel

Rate: G/K

Disclaimer: Not mine, but the plots.

Warning: Angst/humor, friendship, pranks, AU. Might OOC.

Summary: Gimli and Legolas friendship. Drabbles, ficlets inspired by bunnies or prompts.

A/N: Written for 'The Tolkien Tango'.


Prompt#21: Silent

Legolas hid his smile when he saw that it was only Eldarion coming into the room.

"Uncle Legolas…" Eldarion walked forward to the elf, his eyes locked on him as he neared the bed to be beside his uncle.

"Eldarion…" Legolas called to him, and then he coughed slightly, still feeling the pain screaming in his body.

Eldarion noticed the change in the elf, "Are you alright, Uncle Legolas? Do you need me to call my adar?"

Legolas breathed slowly, trying to ease the pain, not wanting the boy to bring Aragorn here, not now, not when he only wanted to be away from the bed and exult in the freedom.

"I am well, now that you are here, Eldarion." Legolas said to the boy, while swallowing the lump down to his throat, and clearing his eyes of the tears the pain elicited.

Eldarion watched the elf's every moment, not seeming to believe what Legolas was telling him.

"No, you are not!" Eldarion said, his blue eyes raging.

"I am… young one… and even if I am in little pain it does not mean that I need your adar's help. I can manage alone…" Legolas told him as gently as he could.

Eldarion watched the elf move toward the side of the bed, noticing how the pain showed clearly in his face, but he said nothing – he could still remember how he himself tried to convince his father that he was feeling fine – although the boy did not know what the elf was doing nor why he wanted to leave the bed.

"I miss my horse, Eldarion…" Legolas suddenly said.

"What do you want me to do, Uncle Legolas?" Eldarion asked, still watching the elf, not wishing to see him in more pain like before.

"I need you to stay in the room and be quiet. Stay under the covers and I will quickly visit my horse and be back here, as silently as an elf can be." Legolas said him as he propped himself out of the bed.

Eldarion nodded, hoping that Legolas would be back soon before his father and mother showed up.

TBC...