Add Story to Favourites A Revengeful Prank by Lira_of_Imladris
[Reviews - 5] Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Tag this Story:
Be the first to add a tag to this story

As the sun rose the twins departed their resting spot and made their way back to Imladris. As they approached Redhorn Pass the twins heard something rustle behind them. They jerked their heads back to see what was following them and saw nothing.

“Come on, just ignore it.” Elladan said in a hushed voice. Elrohir nodded and followed his brother. The rustling continued but the twins ignored it. As they approached the borders of Imladris a pair of orcs jumped in front of the twins horses making the horses rear. An unsuspecting Elladan and Elrohir fell backwards and began groping around for their weapons.

Before either of the twins could react the orcs thrust their weapons towards the defenseless elves leaving a wide gash upon the twins’ stomachs. The twins howled in anguish as they began to bleed. One of the orcs then leaned towards them.

“Go on scream, no one is here to save you now! You two are gonna suffer the same way your worthless mother did!” the orc hissed before it began to cackle. Elrohir then took hold of his sword and decapitated the orc. The other orc then ran off screaming in terror as Glorfindel ran towards the twins, he was also followed by Legolas.

“Elladan! Elladan, can you hear me?” Glorfindel yelled whilst gently shaking Elladan by the shoulders. Legolas did the same with Elrohir but it had no effect. Glorfindel picked up Elladan in his arms and carried him to Asfaloth. “Legolas get Elrohir onto Arod and we’ll take them back to Lord Elrond.”

Legolas obeyed and the pair rode back to Imladris to find Lord Elrond. When they found Elrond, he merely gestured to bring them to the Houses of Healing. When his sons had been laid down on a couple of beds Elrond began asking the usual and somewhat irritating questions.

“How did it happen and why did it happen?” Elrond asked before glaring at Glorfindel and Legolas.

“It was my fault. I was trying to get back at them for what happened last time I came to visit with the whole stealing my long bow incident. When they went to the borders of Imladris to meet me, Glorfindel told them I hadn’t shown up whilst I hid behind some trees. I didn’t mean for them to get injured, I never would’ve done it if I knew this was going to happen.” Legolas admitted.

“I see and I take your apology to heart Legolas but even the most heartfelt statements or actions can change what has happened. Would you be so kind as to tend to my sons’ horses whilst Glorfindel and I begin this process?” Elrond requested. Legolas nodded and walked back towards where the twins’ horses had been left.

“This is my entire fault! I knew they would come through Redhorn Pass at some stage and I know that it’s dangerous. Why did I have to retaliate?” Legolas asked himself partially hoping that no one was around to hear him.

Legolas found Elladan and Elrohir’s horses near where they had been attacked by the orcs. He took hold of the horses’ reins and led them back to the stables at Imladris. Instead of returning to the Houses of Healing, Legolas stayed with the horses which was something Elrohir often did when he was angry or upset. Before he could get a grip on himself, Legolas started crying and muttering ‘it’s my fault’ over and over again.