Add Story to Favourites Trust to Hope by Rhapsody [0 Reviews] Printer

Summary:

Very late at night, it is Gilraen who comes across the Grey Wanderer...

This very last minute pinch-hit was written for Larner on the occasion of the Many Paths to Tread 2012 Yule fic exchange. Beta: the wonderful Keiliss.

Rated: K+
Categories: Third Age - Pre LOTR
Characters: Gandalf, Gilraen Genres: Angst, Drama
Language: English
Warnings: None
Language: English Genres: Angst, Drama
Language: English
Warnings: None
Complete: Yes Series: None
Word count: 1845 Read: 1211
Published: 02/01/13 Updated: 02/01/13


Notes:

Larner had a very special request:
I would like to see a fic in which someone is seeking to console Gandalf/Olórin for the loss or death of one of those he has come to befriend, love, and mentor somewhere within Arda. It might be one of his Maiar brothers or sisters who went over to the Enemy or who chose a service he could not share, one of the Noldor who chose to leave Valinor to return to Middle Earth, one he fought alongside during the War of Wrath, one he sought to save on the great migration to Aman, or one of many Gandalf befriended over the fifteen hundred plus years he served as one of the Wizards. Maia, Man, Elf, Dwarf, or Hobbit, he must have come to love many over his existence whose loss grieved him greatly. How does one console a Maia/Wizard?

What a bunny!

I owe many thanks to the beta of this piece, Keiliss. She sorted out much of my thoughts after I quickly wrote this prompt on short notice and later on combed through it again with many wonderful suggestions. Thank you so much!

Chapters:

(0 Reviews, 1845 words)


Related Stories:
No Related Stories found